Friday, October 18, 2013

Since I am celebrating my one year anniversary since *cough* my last blog post, I have decided it's time to re-open the blog door and begin writing again. I must admit, it's not quite as cozy as the years I've scratched away at the well-worn pages of my journal, with my leg slung across the arm of a cozy chair in a quiet, serene place.  Just that thought beckons me to remember the years I filled countless pages with dreams, prayers, lesson after lesson with Jesus, whispered sorrows, unforgotten joys, poems, songs, and so many sweet memories.

Ah, alas, those days are few. Life is still life. It's busy, messy, full-to-the-brim with a baby-man, three sweet boys + one curly-girly. Let me not forget my Man and my marriage...as well as the load I carry of being his cheerleader and favorite (his title) and best looking (he wrote that!) editor of his writing.  I go to bed exhausted each night, after trying my best to handle the "Four H's" of Happy Hearts, Housework, Home schooling, and Homework. The happy heart one includes yours truly. Yikes. The messy-ness of my own heart is a job in and of itself. Can I hear an "Amen"? How did my life go from a simple young woman, writing out my heart, carefree to the world, to the swirling fullness I find it is now?!

When I started this blog, I titled it "Savoring the little things of life in Uganda".  If you were a reader of my blog then (which I know, this isn't the most hopping place around), you know I didn't write often.  Honestly, I wrote only when I felt God prompt me to do so.  Each story or slice of life I put on here was from a prompting. There are those times God nudges me and it will not go away until I obey.  This area of writing is one of them.

 Right now I'm an American, on American soil.  So what's there to write about? I'm here for a year, writing about what?   My dad and my husband have continued to nudge me to write. Sometimes I just feel like a nobody with little to say, with so many other voices and blogs out there to swim alongside.  But this little voice keeps saying -Write. Write for me. 

I could write about my life as a mom, my whole grain-gluten-free-cloth diaper-homemade this or that, but there are enough spaces out there like that for you to discover.  I'll be taking time to remember, process, and dream.  Hopefully in that order.

The verses that God has placed on my heart for this season are found in Psalm 126:1-3,5
                          
                        "When the Lord brought back the captives to Zion,
                          we were like men who dreamed (Or men restored to health!)
                          Our mouths were filled with laughter,
                          our tongues with songs of joy.
                          Then it was said among the nations,
                          "The Lord has done great things for them!"
                           The Lord has done great things for us,
                           And we are filled with joy.
                           Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy."

So it begins, with joy in my heart, a new journey with Jesus.

                            

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Glad you're back at it. Can't wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete